(God’s Sonnet by Timothy J. Verret; “it’s how I cope to hope in God helping me to count to 4 this daily leavened bread”)
- Pray: You have to ask God for what you need.
- Tell me: You have to listen for what God speaks.
- Do it: You have to do what God decreed.
- Amen: You have to thank God. You reached peaks.
- Pray: I have to beg God to love me more.
- Tell me: I have to quiet “me” to hear “yes.”
- Do it: I have to love not as a chore.
- Amen: I have to rest. I reached “confess.”
- Pray: “I hear every word the humble say.”
- Tell me: “I whisper to them, ‘a kind touch.'”
- Do it: “I’m always with them come what may.”
- Amen: “I’m thankful they reached me that much.”
We get tired when we have to count to 10.
God counts 4: 1. Pray 2. Tell me 3. Do it 4. Amen.